Last week, my fellow Post.Bid.Ship. co-founder Jarret Hamstreet shared with several of our investors and supporters the exciting update regarding my family’s newest additions, twins Olivia Belle and Crockett Lee Thompson. Olivia and Crockett arrived last Monday, August 19th at 10:11am. Layla (aka Mommy), Olivia, Crockett, their big sister Amelia and I are all doing great and enjoying this special time together.
Having twins is indeed a big adjustment for our family but an exciting and welcomed change. To allow me to spend more time with my growing family while also allowing Post.Bid.Ship. and our subsidiary TruckItNow to maintain their growth momentum, I proposed to our board during our July meeting that we begin the process of making a change at the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) position, the role I have held since the company’s launch just over 3 years ago.
I am proud to announce that from those discussions and the work since, the board has officially elected Jarret, previously our Chief Operations Officer, to succeed me as the company’s next CEO. I will remain a part of the management team as the Chief Information Officer and continue to serve as a director on our corporate board.
As CEO for Post.Bid.Ship. and TruckItNow over the past 3 years, I am proud of the following accomplishments our team has achieved:
- Increasing Post.Bid.Ship., Inc.’s valuation from the initial pre-money value of $1,260,000 in July 2010 to the post-money of the Series A3 round of $6,744,219 in June 2013 (435% increase with a 145% APR)
- Raising $2,076,730 in funding through 4 separate private equity financing rounds from 37 separate entities involving over 50 individuals, 2 angel investor groups and a venture capital firm and with each new financing round increasing Post.Bid.Ship.’s valuation for prior investors and experiencing 3 separate financing round oversubscriptions
- Winning two Arizona Commerce Authority Innovation Grants totaling $371,000 ($139,000 in 2011 for Post.Bid.Ship. Marketplace and $232,000 in 2013 for Post.Bid.Ship. Enterprise)
- Creating the wholly owned and profitable subsidiary, TruckItNow Transportation, LLC, which currently has a run rate of approximately $2,700,000 in annual revenues
- Developing the current PostBidShip.com that today has two free starter plans, five premium subscription plans ranging from $29/month to $199/month, with over 4,552 verified users from four market segments representing 1,973 trucking firms and private fleets with 230,213 trucks, 1,505 freight brokerages and 455 commercial shippers and facilitating the awarding of 1,937 freight shipments with the transportation value totaling $3,139,712
- Staying within the Board of Directors’ approved annual budgets for 11 of the past 12 financial reporting quarters
- Being featured by The New York Times, Entrepreneur Magazine, Public Broadcast Service (PBS) Radio and Television, Transport Topics, Food Logistics, USA Today and more
- Inventing and finalizing United States Patent Application No. 13/667,560 named System and Method of Automatically Matching Cargo Carriers to Shippers
- Receiving on behalf of Post.Bid.Ship. the 2011 Southern Arizona Emergent Entrepreneur of the Year Award
Thank you for your support of me and Post.Bid.Ship. over the past 3 years as my team and I have worked to build the first online freight marketplace dedicated to serving the $700 billion commercial shipping industry. I look forward to continuing to work with Jarret and our board to take Post.Bid.Ship. and TruckItNow even further in the future.
Photo of my daughter ‘Amelia Brooke’ posing with her new little sister ‘Olivia Belle’ and little brother ‘Crockett Lee Thompson’ just a few hours after their birth. Crockett was born 6 lbs 1 oz while Olivia, born just a few seconds later, weighed in at 5 lbs 5 oz.